Traveling Wallpaper Installer/Painter
Posted on November 9, 2023
Job ID: 1699543518
Department: National Traveling Installation Team
Hours: Full-time; 40 or more hours per week
Company Description: H.J. Martin and Son is a diversified construction company specializing in commercial and residential flooring, glass and glazing, walls and ceilings, commercial doors and hardware, and millwork and fixture installation.
Position Description: We are seeking wallpaper installers/painters who are willing to travel to work on interior retail build outs, remodels, and tenant improvement projects for our National Installation division.
Wallpaper Installer/Painter Principal Responsibilities (General):
- Must be able to travel for 3 weeks at a time
- Ability to read blueprints/instructions and examine surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
- Make on-site preparations such as preparing scaffolding, covering fixtures, etc.
- Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint, etc.
- Collaborate with team to ensure expectations are understood and address any concerns with professionalism
Principal Responsibilities (Wallpaper Installer):
- Accurately measure and cut wallpaper to fit designated spaces, considering pattern matches and trimming requirements
- Prepare various surfaces for wallpaper installation, including cleaning, smoothing, and priming as necessary; remove and dispose of old wallpaper
- Apply adhesives evenly and place wallpaper without bubbles or misalignments
- Smooth out edges and make precision cuts around obstacles such as electrical outlets, windows, and doors
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, ensuring all tools and materials are handled responsibly
Principal Responsibilities (Painter):
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g., plaster)
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture
- Paint surfaces according to instructions, ensuring all tools and materials are handled responsibly
- Apply varnish/coatings or other requested finishes
Other Duties As Assigned: Performs other related duties as assigned including supporting team members in the completion of their work for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the business.
- Experience with new construction and/or remodels for nationwide big box retailers preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of various types of wallpaper materials and adhesives, and knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply
- Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns, etc.)
- Ability to lift heavy objects including ability to walk and stand for long periods of time while performing physical labor that is essential to completing the retail site or other commercial project
- Must possess the skills to multi-task, work in a team setting, and meet deadlines
- Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders, etc.
- Forklift experience preferred, but not required
- Valid state driver’s license is required
Working Environment: The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing.
Conditions of Employment: Must be able to pass pre-employment background and drug test. The employee is expected to all adhere to all company policies.
Applicants should email resume to the following or Apply Here:
320 South Military Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54303
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER