Holy Trinity Catholic Church of Oconto, Wis. built a new church in 2018 to ensure a continued Catholic presence in the Oconto community. As part of a 2019 remodel overseen by general contractor The Boldt Company, H.J. Martin and Son installed carpet tile, ceramic tile, and luxury vinyl tile in the church.
The church’s history dates back to 1870, but as of 1996 the parish now serves the families of two former parishes, St. Joseph and St. Peter, both based in Oconto. The new sanctuary features stained glass windows and statues from both of the former church buildings.
The Commercial Flooring division of H.J. Martin and Son was on-site for one month, including two tile setters and two carpet/luxury vinyl installers. The project consisted of transitioning the gym into a multi-purpose area with new luxury vinyl tile, new restrooms with ceramic tile, and carpet in the sanctuary with a custom carpet church logo of the trinity symbol.
H.J. Martin and Son also performed polished concrete work near the altar and where all the pews are stationed.
Crews worked to keep the space dust-free and installed the flooring around church services allowing the building to remain open and occupied.