Residential Flooring Project Estimator
Posted on June 9, 2022
Department: Residential Flooring
Reports to: Vice President – Residential Interiors
Location: Green Bay
Company Description: H.J. Martin and Son is a diversified construction company specializing in commercial and residential flooring, glass and glazing, walls and ceilings, commercial doors and hardware, and millwork and fixture installation.
Project Estimator Position Description: This position is responsible for residential flooring and tile project cost estimating including, preparing bids for projects, scope reviews, submittals and shop drawings, accurate material orders, preparing detailed installation plans, and working collaboratively with team members to see projects through to successful completion.
Project Estimator Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform accurate take offs based on architectural plans and specs, using multiple software systems
- Accurately prepare multiple types of bidding spreadsheets and proposal forms for project bids
- Work with team Project Managers on scope and contract reviews
- Prepare detailed and accurate shop drawings and materials lists for project submittals
- Estimate costs of project changes and prepare change order sheets
- Prepare detailed and easy to read installation plans and instructions for field installation team
- Understand product lines, warranties, and installation guidelines
- Comprehend job specific material quantities, labor rates, and productivity rates
- Develop relationships with general contractors, product reps, architects, and designers
Other Duties As Assigned: Performs other related duties as assigned including supporting team members in the completion of their work for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the business.
- High School graduate with a minimum 2-year Tech College degree or equivalent field experience
- A flooring or tile background preferred, with excellent math skills
- The ability to read architectural plans and specs and transfer it to an accurate and competitive bid
- Microsoft Office efficiency required
- RFMS, FloorRight, and On Screen software knowledge preferred
- AutoCAD experience preferred, but not required
Conditions of Employment: Must be able to pass pre-employment background and drug test. The employee is expected to all adhere to all company policies.
Applicants should email resume to the following or Apply Here:
320 South Military Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54303
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER