Mechanic (Power Tools)
Posted on September 16, 2022
Hours: Full-Time (5:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Company Description: H.J. Martin and Son is a diversified construction company specializing in commercial & residential flooring, glass & glazing, walls & ceilings, commercial doors & hardware, and millwork & fixture installation.
Position Description: This position is responsible for maintaining and repairing power tools and other equipment in a safe and effective manner. The role also provides support to other toolroom functions.
Mechanic Principal Responsibilities:
- Maintains and repairs power tools and small portable tools necessary in the commercial and residential construction industry
- Creates and maintains preventative maintenance schedules for tools utilized by field employees with direct support to the H.J. Martin and Son tool warehouse
- Disassembles equipment, identifies malfunction / broken parts
- Orders necessary parts to repair respective equipment
- Communicates with field employees to identify problems with tools
- Creates working relationships with vendors to order and negotiate best price on replacement parts.
- Interprets and identifies warranty problems and repairs
- Creates preventative maintenance schedules based on manufacturer’s recommendations
- Keeps accurate records of tools and repair needs
Experience/Tool Repair Technical Skills Required:
- Mechanically inclined, experience in tool/equipment repair
- Knowledge of tools and electrical components
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer skills including experience using Microsoft office—Outlook and Excel, preferred
- Occasional ability to lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds independently, 100+ pounds as a team lift) including ability to walk and stand for long periods of time while performing physical labor that is essential to completing projects
- Detail oriented individual, strong ability to multi-task and complete projects in a timely manner based on fluctuating workload demands.
- Understanding of warranty programs
- Forklift experience preferred
Other Duties As Assigned: Performs other related duties as assigned including supporting team members in the completion of their work for ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the toolroom and warehouse operations.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Toolroom Manager.
- This position does not supervise other personnel.
- Consistent personality, dependable nature, and willingness to learn are necessary.
- The employee is expected to all adhere to all company policies.
Conditions of Employment: Must be able to pass pre-employment background and drug test. The employee is expected to all adhere to all company policies.
Applicants should email resume to the following or Apply Here:
320 South Military Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54303
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER