Material Handler - Receiving
Posted on May 15, 2019
Department: Distribution Center
Hours: Full Time, Mon.-Fri.
Location: Green Bay, WI
Company Description: H.J. Martin and Son is a diversified construction company specializing in commercial and residential flooring, glass and glazing, walls and ceilings, commercial doors and hardware, and millwork and fixture installation.
- Lift and handle material coming into the warehouse, properly unload for inspection
- Communicate defects and damages to driver and reject receiving if necessary
- Receive material as it is delivered to the warehouse in RFMS upon confirming quantities, styles, colors, quality, etc.
- Work closely with sales team for incoming deliveries and schedule with our delivery drivers as requested
- Verify material staged in the return area is properly sent back to the vendor upon request from Inventory Control
- Submit receiving paperwork to administrative assistant daily
- Generate inventory barcodes and tags out of RFMS as required
- Organization and maintenance of material locations throughout distribution center
- Assistance when necessary with loading of installer vans
- Communicate directly with receiving and inventory control to troubleshoot any assigned problems with purchase orders, deliveries, or pickups that require special attention
- Operation of cutting machine and/or other distribution center equipment as backup
- Provide help with general distribution center tasks as required
- Preparation and participation in annual Warehouse Sale
- Assist in preparation, execution and reconciliation of annual inventory audit with management
- Complete inventory spot checks as assigned
- Additional projects and duties as assigned
- Willing to work flexible hours
- Ability to operate or be certified to operate a forklift
- Excellent communication skills required
- Great time management, organizational, and analytical skills and the ability to multi-task
- Team player
- Familiarity with computers and software programs
- Knowledge of inventory control and material receiving
- Position requires strenuous physical work, including heavy lifting, pushing and/or pulling objects
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background and drug test.
Applicants should email resume to the following or Apply Here:
320 South Military Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54303
H.J. Martin and Son is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran.