Posted on May 3, 2021
Department: Walls & Ceilings
Location: Green Bay, WI
Company Description: H.J. Martin and Son is a diversified construction company specializing in commercial and residential flooring, glass and glazing, walls and ceilings, commercial doors and hardware, and millwork and fixture installation.
Position Description: This position is responsible for the development, training, and scheduling of our Walls and Ceilings installation team.
- Works with Installation Manager to maintain the weekly work schedule, taking into consideration project needs, travel logistics, labor hours available in bid, etc.
- Request hotel accommodations for field personnel
- Coordinates with the project managers to make sure inventory is received/ready/and staged before installation in addition to tools, sundries & equipment
- Request bids from our national equipment companies for proper equipment needed at the beginning of each job and set up the initial rental
- Assign jobs and review the time in the installer app to be sure it is accurate and thorough information along with training new field personnel on the app
- Coordinate with IT any requirements for cellphones/iPads for field personnel
- Set up pre-installation meetings to review framing layout, quantities, and general plans with informed superintendents and project manager/estimator before large projects. Inform Lead Installers of production goals and labor targets
- Communicate all pertinent project information to installers ahead of time so they know where they are going, staying, and who they are transporting with
- Distribute & collect weekly Toolbox Topic report, promoting a culture of safety
- Review and save daily reports to the appropriate job folders; upload daily report form to PlanGrid at the beginning of each job
- Distribute and collect applications for new hires
- Maintain information in the Wisconsin DMV PARS system
- Process appropriate paperwork for terminated employees; coordinate the collection of all company assets (i.e., tools, vehicle, phone, iPad, etc.)
- Coordinate pre-placement physical/drug screening for new hires and random drug screenings for field personnel
- Maintain database of certifications and employee ratings
- Work with Installation Manager to schedule training for apprentices and maintain database of information (i.e., when attended, what training took place, how are they doing, etc.)
- Work with Union Halls to coordinate indenturing and schooling for apprentices.
- Maintain good communication and open dialogue with installers. Organize periodic meetings with installers to address any issues or go over expectations
- Oversee the carpenters’ care of vehicles to ensure proper maintenance is being performed
- Monitor credit card charges for fuel and add odometer readings to the vehicle spreadsheet
- Distribute insurance card & vehicle registration
- Coordinate any type of vehicle passes when necessary
- Coordinate disbursement of credit card, anniversary gifts, and clothing
- Work through installation and scheduling issues with carpenters, customers, and contractors
- Work with lead installers to develop new talent, helpers, apprentices, and recruit industry talent for the long-term sustainability of crew quality
- Attend industry and trade related conferences to transfer the best practices to our installation team
- Other duties as assigned
- Extensive carpentry knowledge
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Customer service
- Driver’s license required
Working Environment: The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing.
Conditions of Employment: Must be able to pass pre-employment background and drug test. The employee is expected to all adhere to all company policies.
Applicants should email resume to the following or Apply Here:
320 South Military Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54303
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER