3-D Rendering Assistant
Posted on June 9, 2021
Reports to: Store Merchandiser
Hours: Full-time Monday through Friday (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
Location: Green Bay
Company Description: H.J. Martin and Son is a diversified construction company specializing in commercial and residential flooring, glass and glazing, walls and ceilings, commercial doors and hardware, and millwork and fixture installation.
Position Description: Assist the design team with 3-D drawings for projects in our Residential Flooring and Shower Door & Mirrors department (Green Bay and Neenah showrooms), while providing assistance to Store Merchandiser (Green Bay showroom).
- Work with designers and other internal and/or external personnel to develop high quality design documents using 3-D rendering software, primarily for Residential Division (and Commercial Division, as needed).
- The goal is to help clients visualize and execute conceptual ideas.
- Create detailed visuals that provide information about dimensions, materials, layout/orientation, finishes, and other room elements (when necessary), etc.
- Maintain communication with Interior Designers, Project Managers, and/or the Installers (as needed) for any design questions or issues.
- Discuss with internal team to determine design modifications needed.
- Uncover potentially hidden jobs costs, error prevention and potential efficiencies.
- Act as the liaison between the internal team and the customer when required.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve when unexpected issues arise on a project to minimize the lost time and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Execute & follow through any assignments given by Project Manager or Interior Designer.
- Attend product knowledge meetings
- Provide administrative and clerical support to Store Merchandiser
- Showroom assistance, including:
- Updating price tags
- Showroom projects
Other Duties As Assigned: Performs other related duties as assigned including supporting team members in the completion of their work for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the business.
- Experience with SketchUp, Revit, AutoCAD or other 3-D rendering software is required
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs is required
- Ability to read blueprints and analyze technical data is preferred, but not required
- A thorough understanding of flooring materials and construction methodology is preferred, but not required
- Have a design-oriented mentality
- Self-starter who is very organized, flexible, and team oriented is required
Working Environment: The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing.
Conditions of Employment: Must be able to pass pre-employment background and drug test. The employee is expected to all adhere to all company policies.
Applicants should email resume to the following or Apply Here:
320 South Military Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54303
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER