Traveling Skilled Carpenter
Posted on June 1, 2020
Hours: Full-time; 40 or more hours per week
Department: National Traveling Team
Location: United States
Company Description: H.J. Martin and Son is a diversified construction company specializing in commercial and residential flooring, glass and glazing, walls and ceilings, commercial doors and hardware, and millwork and fixture installation. While we appreciate your interest in our company, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Position Description: We are seeking construction employees in retail carpentry fixture installation that are willing to travel.
- Must be able to travel for 4 weeks at a time
- Wood, steel, drywall and metal framing construction
- Installation of:
- casework: wood base, casing and crown molding
- metal racking
- floor coverings: VCT, carpet, ceramic
- Use and maintain hand tools, portable power tools, and stationary power tools in a safe manner
- Basic knowledge of tool and equipment safety, ability to identify and correct environmental or other workplace hazards
- Willingness to learn and receive instruction/direction from project leader
- Coordinate with customer’s store planners on a daily basis
Experience/Carpentry Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with new construction and/or remodels for nationwide big box retailers preferred but not required
- Floor covering experience preferred, but not required
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work; experience with commercial/retail settings preferred, but not required
- Ability to lift heavy objects including ability to walk and stand for long periods of time while performing physical labor that is essential to completing the retail site or other commercial project
- Must possess the skills to multi-task, work in a team setting, and meet deadlines
- Ability to read and understand blueprints required
- Forklift experience preferred
- Valid state drivers license is required
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background and drug test.
- Advancement opportunities exist including: team lead, project lead, as well as other supervisory roles. Employee advancement is based on strong work ethic and proven ability to make sound decisions.
Applicants should email resume to the following or Apply Here:
320 South Military Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54303
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER