Residential Carpet and Resilient Flooring Installer
Posted on November 18, 2020
Department: Residential Flooring
Location: Port Washington, WI
Company Description: H.J. Martin and Son is a diversified construction company specializing in commercial and residential flooring, glass and glazing, walls and ceilings, commercial doors and hardware, and millwork and fixture installation.
Position Description: We are looking for an experienced Carpet and Resilient Flooring Installer to work at a job site in Port Washington, WI.
- Must be able to complete basic floor covering installations, specifically carpet and resilient flooring
- Other flooring types as needed, including wood, laminate, tile, and other specified flooring
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, construction plans and layouts
- Floor Prep: sweep, scrape, sand, or clean base surfaces to correct imperfections that may show through the floor covering
- Mix and apply required compounds to join and adhere foundation/flooring material
- Cut floor coverings and foundation materials according to blueprints and sketches
- Capable of performing a variety of calculations related to surface area, cubic volume and estimating material quantities
- Use and maintain hand tools, portable power tools, and stationary power tools in a safe manner
- Follows all written paperwork and does not make any assumptions without the proper direction from the Project Manager
- Completes all required company and vendor related installation education
- Follows all requirements and takes pride in the work and processes
Experience/Flooring Technical Skills Required:
- Must possess the skills to multi-task, work in a team setting, and meet deadlines
- Basic knowledge of tool and equipment safety, ability to identify and correct environmental or other workplace hazards
Conditions of Employment:
- Requires strenuous physical work including heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling objects and being in dusty conditions is common
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background and drug test.
Applicants should email resume to the following or Apply Here:
320 South Military Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54303
H.J. Martin and Son is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran.