Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Posted on November 8, 2023
Job ID: 1699461162
Location: Green Bay, WI
Company Description: H.J. Martin and Son is a diversified construction company specializing in commercial & residential flooring, glass & glazing, walls & ceilings, commercial doors & hardware, and millwork & fixture installation.
Payroll & Benefits Administrator Position Description: This position is responsible for the administration of the company’s time and attendance/payroll system. The Payroll & Benefits Administrator is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of payroll and related duties, including recordkeeping and reporting. This position will coordinate and administer the company’s employee benefits program. This position will work with all departments to increase efficiencies throughout the company and ensure good communication and build positive relationships.
Payroll & Benefits Administrator Principal Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Conduct all new employee onboarding and terminations.
- Ensure accuracy of new hire paperwork (I9’s, Applications, Wage Verifications, etc.), as well as maintain employee/I9 files.
- Administer and monitor all leave of absence requests. (FMLA, disability, light duty, vacation, etc.)
- Help to coordinate review sheets for yearly employee performance reviews.
- Assist leadership in the preparation and updating of Employee Handbook and company policies as needed.
- Prepare and maintain job descriptions for all positions in the organization.
- Maintain records and compile reports from database as needed.
- Responsible for requests regarding employment verification.
- Monitor that checklists for all terminated employees are returned and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- File appropriate paperwork with the Federal or State governments regarding self-insured plans, including but not limited to the 1095B & 1095C, WOTC credits and PCORI Fee.
- EE setup and changes (all companies).
- E-verify all new hires (all companies).
- Monitor, communicate, and validate all company unemployment verifications.
- Assist with administrating company benefit programs (medical, dental, life, disability, FSA, 401k) to include employee open enrollment processing, claims resolution, and reviewing/approving invoices for payment. Ensure the accuracy of all employee benefit enrollments in the software systems.
- Respond to benefit inquiries from employees or outside carriers on plan provisions, benefit enrollment questions, status changes and any other general questions.
- 401K upload as well as coordinate any other carrier feeds.
- Coordinate annual benefit open enrollment process. Work with Marketing Director to create the documents and distribute, collect and track all required paperwork for new benefit year.
- Determine the benefit deductions for employees and enters into the payroll system by beginning of benefit year.
- Process select company payrolls to ensure timely and accurate payments to the employees.
- Research discrepancies of payroll data (e.g. time cards, leave time, deductions and earnings, etc.)
- Cross-train with department staff as needed on payroll processes and procedures.
- Enter pay increases and calculate back pay after annual reviews.
- Special projects as needed.
Other Duties As Assigned: Performs other related duties as assigned including supporting team members in the completion of their work for ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the payroll/accounting team.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Senior Accountant.
- This position does not supervise other personnel.
- One to two years of experience preferred with primary responsibility for time and attendance and payroll administration and processing.
- Experience working with time and attendance, payroll and HRMS systems; Timberline/Sage, ADP, and AboutTime experience preferred.
- Knowledge of payroll and accounting practices and principles.
- One to two years of experience preferred in benefits administration with primary responsibility administering a benefit program.
Working Environment: The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing.
- Consistent personality, dependable nature, and willingness to learn are necessary.
- The employee is expected to all adhere to all company policies.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background and drug test.
Applicants should email resume to the following or Apply Here:
320 South Military Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54303
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER