Posted on June 7, 2019
Reports To: Senior Accountant
Location: Green Bay, WI
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the administration of the company’s time and attendance/payroll system. The Payroll Administrator is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of payroll and related duties, including recordkeeping and reporting. This position will work with all departments to increase efficiencies throughout the company and ensure good communication and build positive relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Ensure accuracy of new hire paperwork (I9’s, Applications, Wage Verifications, etc.), as well as maintain employee/I9 files
- Administer and monitor all leave of absence requests (FMLA, disability, light duty, vacation, etc.)
- Maintains records and compiles reports from database as needed
- Responsible for requests regarding employment verification
- Monitor that checklists for all terminated employees are returned and completed in a timely and accurate
- Compiling the Workers’ Compensation data annually
- EE setup and changes
- E-verify new hires
- Monitor, communicate, and validate all company unemployment verifications
- Process select company payrolls to ensure timely and accurate payments to the employees
- Researches discrepancies of payroll data (e.g. time cards, leave time, deductions and earnings, etc.)
- Cross-trains with department staff as needed on payroll processes and procedures
- Enter bonuses, pay increases and calculate back pay after annual reviews
- Sort and distribute daily mail
- Cross train on union reporting and set up to aid as a second resource for questions
- Review monthly union reports
- Assist on preparing labor rate cost sheets
- Assist on union set ups
- Assist on contacting unions to get updated contracts and rate changes
- Complete work comp filing for monopolistic states
- Special projects as needed
Other Duties as Assigned: Performs other related duties as assigned including supporting team members in the completion of their work for ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the payroll/accounting team.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Senior Accountant.
- This position does not supervise other personnel.
- One to two years of experience preferred with primary responsibility for time and attendance and payroll administration and processing.
- Experience working with time and attendance, payroll and HRMS systems; Timberline/Sage, ADP, and AboutTime experience preferred.
- Knowledge of payroll and accounting practices and principles.
- Working knowledge of union pay and structure preferred
Working Environment: The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing.
Success Factors: Consistent personality, dependable nature, and willingness to learn are necessary.
Conditions of Employment: Must be able to pass pre-employment background and drug test. The employee is expected to all adhere to all company policies.
Applicants should email resume to the following or Apply Here:
320 South Military Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54303
H.J. Martin and Son is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran.