Doors & Hardware Project Manager/Estimator
Posted on July 22, 2021
Hours: 40 hours per week
Department: Glass & Glazing/Hollow Metal/Hardware
Location: Green Bay, WI
Company Description: H.J. Martin and Son is a diversified construction company specializing in commercial and residential flooring, glass and glazing, walls and ceilings, commercial doors and hardware, millwork and fixture installation.
Project Manager/Estimator Position Description: This position is responsible for managing all project activities including, but not limited to, bidding, financial control, scheduling, coordination of construction activity, project closeout and owner occupancy, for metal frames, doors and hardware.
Project Manager/Estimator Principal Responsibilities include the following; and other duties and projects as assigned:
- Works closely with the architect/engineer of the customer
- Coordinates estimating and scheduling
- Directs value engineering
- Maintains regular communication with the field
- Provides status reports to customer
- Participates in all team meetings
- Approves and submits monthly pay requests of subcontractors and suppliers
- Partners with project coordinator to provide ongoing and accessible support
- Responds to request for information and presents cost adjustments
Other Duties As Assigned: Performs other related duties as assigned including supporting team members in the completion of their work for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the team.
- Works under the direct supervision of division Vice President.
- This position does not supervise other personnel.
- Highly organized and the ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and professional communication, both verbal and written
- Strong ability to use good judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to handle multiple project/tasks simultaneously with strong follow up skills
- Ability to read blueprints
- Minimum 5 years experience in construction related activities is preferred.
- Two-year degree is preferred.
- Office and fabrication shop environments; occasional job site visits.
- Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking and 10% standing.
Conditions of employment:
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background and drug test
Applicants should email resume to the following or Apply Here:
320 South Military Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54303
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER