Commercial Flooring Sheet Vinyl Installer
Posted on November 16, 2020
Job ID: 1605515733
Department: Commercial Flooring
Company Description: H.J. Martin and Son is a diversified construction company specializing in commercial and residential flooring, glass and glazing, walls and ceilings, commercial doors and hardware, and millwork and fixture installation.
Commercial Flooring Sheet Vinyl Installer Position Description: We are looking for experienced Sheet Vinyl Installers to work at a job sites in Wisconsin.
Commercial Flooring Sheet Vinyl Installer Job Requirements:
- Must be able to complete basic floor covering installations, specifically sheet vinyl
- Install primarily Sheet Vinyl, but other flooring types as needed, including LVT & LVP, VCT, carpet, sheet vinyl, wood, laminate, tile, and other specified flooring
- Experience in heat welding and flash coving preferred
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, construction plans and layouts
- Floor Prep: sweep, scrape, sand, or clean base surfaces to correct imperfections that may show through the floor covering
- Mix and apply required compounds to join and adhere foundation/flooring material
- Cut floor coverings and foundation materials according to blueprints and sketches
- Capable of performing a variety of calculations related to surface area, cubic volume and estimating material quantities
- Use and maintain hand tools, portable power tools, and stationary power tools in a safe manner
- Follows all written paperwork and does not make any assumptions without the proper direction from the Project Manager
- Completes all required company and vendor related installation education
- Follows all requirements and takes pride in the work and processes
Commercial Flooring Sheet Vinyl Installer Experience/Technical Skills Required:
- Must possess the skills to multi-task, work in a team setting, and meet deadlines
- Basic knowledge of tool and equipment safety, ability to identify and correct environmental or other workplace hazards
Conditions of Employment:
- Requires strenuous physical work including heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling objects and being in dusty conditions is common
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background and drug test.
Applicants should email resume to the following or Apply Here:
320 South Military Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54303
H.J. Martin and Son is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran.