Commercial Flooring Installer
Posted on May 24, 2022
Hours: Full-time; 40 or more hours per week
Department: Commercial Flooring
Location: Green Bay, WI
Company Description: H.J. Martin and Son is a diversified construction company specializing in commercial and residential flooring, glass and glazing, walls and ceilings, commercial doors and hardware, and millwork and fixture installation.
Commercial Flooring Installer Position Description: We are seeking experienced flooring installers who are responsible for installing commercial flooring products, while operating basic tools and flooring equipment.
Commercial Flooring Installer Principal Responsibilities:
- Installs LVT, VCT, carpet, ceramic, resilient flooring, and other flooring as directed
- Mixes and applies required compounds to join and adhere foundation/flooring material
- May be required to perform a variety of calculations related to surface area, cubic volume and material quantities
- Sweeps, scrapes, sands, or cleans base surfaces to correct imperfections that may show through the covering
- Determines traffic areas and decides location of seams as applicable
- Cuts coverings and foundation materials according to blueprints and sketches
- Uses and maintain hand tools, portable power tools, and stationary power tools in a safe manner
- Basic knowledge of tool and equipment safety, ability to identify and correct environmental or other workplace hazards
- Willingness to learn and receive instruction/direction from project leader
- Other duties as assigned.
Commercial Flooring Installer Experience/Flooring Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with commercial flooring required
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work; experience with commercial/retail settings preferred, but not required
- Requires strenuous physical work with the ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds independently and 100+ pounds as a team lift, including frequent work on hands/knees, while pushing and pulling, bending and twisting, while performing physical labor that is essential to completing the project
- Must possess the skills to multi-task, work in a team setting, and meet deadlines
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, construction plans and layouts
- Valid state drivers license is required
Conditions of Employment:
- Upon offer of employment, must be able to pass background and drug test
- Advancement opportunities exist including: team lead, project lead, as well as other supervisory roles. Employee advancement is based on strong work ethic and proven ability to make sound decisions.
Applicants should email resume to the following or Apply Here:
320 South Military Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54303
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER