Carpenter - Drywall
Posted on February 1, 2019
Hours: Full time; 40 or more hours per week
Department: Walls and Ceilings
Location: Minot, ND
Company Description: H.J. Martin and Son is a diversified construction company specializing in commercial and residential flooring, glass and glazing, walls and ceilings, commercial doors and hardware, and millwork and fixture installation.
Position Description: We are seeking construction employees in retail carpentry installation that specialize in drywall installation and drywall finishing to start work on a project in Minot, North Dakota and potentially travel with our team after.
- Wood, steel, drywall and metal framing construction
- Hanging drywall
- Use and maintain hand tools, portable power tools, and stationary power tools in a safe manner
- Prepare drywall for finishing
- Seal joints between plasterboard or wallboards
- Ensures job site remains clean and orderly
- Basic knowledge of tool and equipment safety, ability to identify and correct environmental or other workplace hazards
- Willingness to learn and receive instruction/direction from project leader
Experience/Carpentry Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with hanging drywall
- Ability to lift heavy objects including ability to walk and stand for long periods of time while performing physical labor that is essential to completing the retail site or other commercial project
- Must possess the skills to multi-task, work in a team setting, and meet deadlines
- Ability to read and understand blueprints required
- Forklift experience preferred
- Valid state drivers license is required
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background and drug test.
Applicants should email resume to the following or Apply Here:
320 South Military Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54303
H.J. Martin and Son is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran.