Posted on April 17, 2019
Hours: Full-Time (8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Company Description: H.J. Martin and Son is a diversified construction company specializing in commercial & residential flooring, glass & glazing, walls & ceilings, commercial doors & hardware, and millwork & fixture installation.
Position Description: We are seeking a talented Toolroom Technician familiar with common power tools and other equipment common in the construction industry. Primary responsibilities include identifying and providing various power tools to the company’s product installers. Daily tasks will include preparing tool orders to be picked up or sent out on a variety of jobs as well as receiving tools upon job completion. Another critical responsibility will be monitoring of quality and condition of tools being received from product installers in the field for required maintenance and repair.
- Loading of trailers and vans with tools
- Toolroom counter-tool and material distribution
- Help in-house Tool Mechanic position
- Trailer repair, replacement, and overall condition maintenance in coordination with vehicle/maintenance individual
- Inspection of tools upon return from jobsite
- Pre-stage tools for big box store roll outs, out of state
- Continual discussions with installers/crew on ways to improve efficiencies and ease of getting tools
- Help inventory tools in terms of age, when last replaced, when last repaired, etc. to make better Toolroom buying decisions and negotiations with outside vendors on replacements when necessary
- Completion of paperwork necessary for the checkout of tools, assigning tools to jobs, etc.
Experience/Tool Repair Technical Skills Required:
- Mechanically inclined, experience in tool/equipment repair
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Frequent lifting of heavy objects (up to 50 pounds independently, 100+ pounds as a team lift) including ability to walk and stand for long periods of time while performing physical labor that is essential to completing projects
- Detail oriented individual, strong ability to multi-task and complete projects in a timely manner based on fluctuating workload demands.
- Forklift experience preferred
- CDL preferred, but not required
Other Duties As Assigned: Performs other related duties as assigned including supporting team members in the completion of their work for ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the toolroom and warehouse operations.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Toolroom Manager.
- This position does not supervise other personnel.
- Consistent personality, dependable nature, and willingness to learn are necessary.
- The employee is expected to all adhere to all company policies.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background and drug test.
Applicants should email resume to the following or Apply Here:
320 South Military Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54303
H.J. Martin and Son is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran.