Project Coordinator - Commercial Flooring
Posted on October 24, 2019
Department: Commercial Flooring
Hours: Full-time (Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with a 1-hour lunch)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Company Description: H.J. Martin and Son is a diversified construction company specializing in commercial & residential flooring, glass & glazing, walls & ceilings, commercial doors & hardware, and millwork & fixture installation.
Job duties to include:
- Prepare and send project submittals including product samples, spec sheets, installation information, etc., as necessary.
- Provide customers and general contractors with certificates of insurance, W-9s, workers' compensation certificates, and any other needed documentation.
- Work directly with customers to specify the flooring and tile products that will best fit their needs and in conjunction, work with vendors to gain a competitive pricing advantage over other contractors and increase profit margins.
- Place project material orders using RFMS software for special pricing, terms, details, etc. where necessary.
- Assist in maintaining department project sheets by updating specific job notes and timecard hours and print for weekly department meetings.
- Follow up on orders to get accurate material ETA’s for project managers and crew managers to affectively schedule work and notify customers if there will be problems procuring materials.
- Regularly meet with product reps to stay up to date on new products and trends in the industry.
- Help customers with value engineering solutions when they are over budget, to specify products with similar performance and design, at a better price.
- Arrange any special deliveries and shipments with the purchasing department or direct with carriers to improve lead times when necessary.
- Coordinate dumpsters, recycling, deliveries direct to job sites, and other job coordination tasks as needed.
- Use Timberline software to enter and log project change orders, print reports, and check job financials.
- Prepare and send warranties and O&M manuals for all products used on a project to complete job closeout.
- Coordinate with the marketing department to schedule photos for completed jobs and compile job-specific notes for awards, case studies and website applications.
- Use timecard software to process daily logs and change orders for projects.
- Communicate with customers during and after installation to make sure their expectations are met, and they are satisfied with the final product.
- Keep/maintain positive working relationships and chain of communication with current customers to ensure repeat business and increase direct referrals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Assist other division PM’s with their bid follow-ups and update bid tracking software when applicable.
- Attend division meetings twice weekly to go over current division projects and address any issues that arise.
- Communicate with accounting division on project progress to ensure timely and accurate billing
- Monitor all large PO’s ($10,000+) to make sure they are accurately tracked, and they are billed for in a timely manner.
- Track outstanding change orders and remind PM’s periodically about overdue or long outstanding change orders.
- Microsoft Office efficiency
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Exceptional organizational skills
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Consistent personality, dependable nature, and willingness to learn are necessary.
- The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to pass background and drug test.
Applicants should email resume to the following or Apply Here:
320 South Military Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54303
H.J. Martin and Son is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran.