Posted on November 4, 2019
Reports To: Senior Accountant
Location: Green Bay, WI
Job Summary: The Payroll Coordinator will process new hire and termination paperwork, be the point-person for payroll inquiries, support the Payroll team and back-up the Payroll Administrator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Ensure accuracy of new hire paperwork (I9’s, Applications, Wage Verifications, etc.), as well as maintain employee/I9 files
- Administer and monitor all leave of absence requests (FMLA, disability, light duty, vacation, etc.)
- Maintains records and compiles reports from database as needed
- Responsible for requests regarding employment verification
- Monitor that checklists for all terminated employees are returned and completed in a timely and accurate
- Compiling the Workers’ Compensation data annually
- EE setup and changes
- E-verify new hires
- Monitor, communicate, and validate all company unemployment verifications
- Cross-trains with department staff as needed on payroll processes and procedures
- Enter bonuses, pay increases and calculate back pay after annual reviews
- Sort and distribute daily mail
- Cross-train on union reporting and set up to aid as a second resource for questions
- Review monthly union reports
- Assist on preparing labor rate cost sheets
- Assist on union setups
- Assist on contacting unions to get updated contracts and rate changes
- Complete work comp filing for monopolistic states
- Special projects as needed
Other Duties as Assigned: Performs other related duties as assigned including supporting team members in the completion of their work for ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the payroll/accounting team.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Senior Accountant.
- This position does not supervise other personnel.
- One to two years of experience preferred with primary responsibility for time and attendance and payroll administration and processing.
- Experience working with time and attendance, payroll and HRMS systems; Timberline/Sage, ADP, and AboutTime experience preferred.
- Knowledge of payroll and accounting practices and principles.
- Working knowledge of union pay and structure preferred
Working Environment: The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing.
Success Factors: Consistent personality, dependable nature, and willingness to learn are necessary.
Conditions of Employment: Must be able to pass pre-employment background and drug test. The employee is expected to all adhere to all company policies.
Applicants should email resume to the following or Apply Here:
320 South Military Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54303
H.J. Martin and Son is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran.