Posted on July 15, 2019
Hours: Full-time; 40 or more hours per week
Department: National Installation
Location: Southern California
Company Description: H.J. Martin and Son is a diversified construction company specializing in commercial and residential flooring, glass and glazing, walls and ceilings, commercial doors and hardware, and millwork and fixture installation. While we appreciate your interest in our company, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Position Description: We are seeking construction employees in retail carpentry fixture installation, specifically for the Southern California region, including Los Angeles, San Diego and Chula Vista.
- Installation of:
- casework: wood base, casing and crown molding
- metal racking
- floor coverings: VCT, carpet, ceramic
- Use and maintain hand tools, portable power tools, and stationary power tools in a safe manner
- Basic knowledge of tool and equipment safety, ability to identify and correct environmental or other workplace hazards
- Willingness to learn and receive instruction/direction from project leader
- Coordinate with customer’s store planners on a daily basis
- Ability to lift heavy objects including ability to walk and stand for long periods of time while performing physical labor that is essential to completing the retail site or other commercial project
- Must possess the skills to multi-task, work in a team setting, and meet deadlines
- Valid state driver's license is required
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background and drug test.
- Advancement opportunities exist including: team lead, project lead, as well as other supervisory roles. Employee advancement is based on strong work ethic and proven ability to make sound decisions.
Applicants should email resume to the following or Apply Here:
320 South Military Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54303
H.J. Martin and Son is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran.